My Youtube Playlist

23 November 2010

Doller Da Dustman - Fizzy Boy

Doller Da Dustman is a musician from Edmonton, North London. In his younger year, Doller featured on prominent Grime Radio stations such as Axe FM, Rinse FM and Heat FM where he began to build his MC career. He was a regularly lyricist with peers during school but as he got older he decided to take his music more seriously and turn it into a profession. Since then he has managed to release 8 independent mixtapes, which include ‘I Ainte Come To Beg Friend’ and ‘Go Getterish E.P’. His forthcoming projects include his promo ‘Art of Rhyming’ and debut album ‘Fizzy Boy’. I thought I’d catch up with Doller himself to find out about his musical journey and his views of the current music scene.


When did your music career start and what difficulties have yBoldou faced if any?

From the start of time i always did music for leisure growi
ng up in Edmonton, it was either that or football. year by year it got
more serious for me, as a crew we had to make a great leap from North London to get heard, as a solo artist I had to get use to being rejected or certain things getting rejected, an people had to get use to the way I do things!

What makes you different from other musicians?

My versatility, everyone says that! But I suppose my cha
racter, skills, and hunger.

What musicians have you worked with in the past and who would be your ideal collaboration?

I’ve worked every important artist such as Ghetto, Z
Dot, Scorcher, Nocturnal, Cold Blooded, Lauren Mason, G Tank, Maxsta, Double S, Chipmunk, the list is endless. My ideal collaboration would be with Avery Storm, John Legend, Vybz Kartel.


What messages do convey through your music?

I try and focus on the finish line in my music, up lifting, the end goal, success, achievement, striving.

How has the emergence of social network sites such as twitter and Facebook affected your career?

For technology I think it’s a blessing for me, Facebook has been great for me, giving normal people easy excess to me! Me and you linked due to Facebook. Proofs in the pudding.

What mediums do you use to publicise yourself as an artist?

I try an use every way possible, that I feel will benefit me.

What can we expect from you in the future?

Classic albums. Films. Breathe taking videos.

Check out Doller new video ‘Like a Queen’ on Youtube. You can also contact him via his Facebook ‘Doller Da Dustman’

0 comments:

Post a Comment