My Youtube Playlist

5 February 2011

Teeza - The Bounce EP

Whoever said playing games was a waste of time was definitely wrong. For this budding musician his big break came whilst playing around on Playstation at the age of 14. Teeza is a 23 year old musician from West London who has been working hard experimenting and expanding his craft as a DJ and Producer 'purely for people to hear and love music'. I thought I'd catch up with him to find out what he has planned for 2011.


How and when did you get in to music?

I got into music randomly to be honest, I was about 14 at the time. My older brother had music on PS1, so I just fiddled about with it out of interest. Before I knew it, I was making music every other day. It's pretty much the best things that[s happened to me.

How has your style changed since?

When I think back, I wouldn't say my style has change too much. It's developed more. I went through stages, experimenting and what not, but I always revert back to the old style of beats I've always made.

What is the The Bounce EP?
It's a 4 track grime instrumental EP made by me. Bounce is currently one of the biggest grime beats around. The beat has also been used as Firecamps new single 'Move' featuring Scrufizzer & Lady Leshurr. It will be available on all digital outlets such as itunes, zavvi, amazon etc, as well as various shops on purple vinyl.


What has been your best performance?

Well, as a DJ I've performed at a club in South London called Citizens and I had the crowd going crazy! That was a lot of fun. As a Producer, I can't really say I've performed anywhere so to speak.

What would you say are 5 necessary qualities of a musician?

Patience - LOL that is KEY.

Consistency - never think you've done enough or even too much, music is for life! It doesn't stop.

Originality - It's not always easy to be completely original, but for me following your heart is where the originality lies. You don't have to do things a certain way, do it in a way that suits you best or do it to the best of your ability.

Understanding - A lot of people just make music, but don't really know how to go about things. You've really got to analyse music in depth. Not necessarily the technical side, but more sonically.

Creativity - That's pretty simple, be creative. Explore, expand, express in order to excite - that's kinda cheasy but it is what it is LOL.

What are your views on the current UK music industry and is there anything you should change ?

I'm happy about the whole Urban side of things, I think it's been accepted more in the UK. There's a lot of good things happening and doors opening, so I'm pretty happy with the whole UK situations. I think people - both listeners and musicians - should start to appreciate what people are doing. I think most of the listeners should stop being ignorant and love music for what it is.


What are your hobbies?

Aside from music I'm into graphic design, a bit of photography and I enjoy playing football from time to time. I used to be a hard raver, but i've calmed down a lot since then. I'm currently looking for bookings. I'm involved in so many different aspects of music I don't really get time to anything else.

Are you looking for fame or fortune?

I'm looking for love LOL. I'm here purely for people to hear and love my music. To inspire people and put smiles on their faces. Try to uplift the youth, because they're the most important to reach out to. As for fortune, DEFINITELY! I want to look after my family, send my mum away on holidays and all that good stuff! Shouts to mumzillr ;)

Describe your journey in one sentence...

A challenging journey that has opened my eyes and ears - I tried to think of something nang to say, but hey I tried LOL



What advice would you give to aspiring musicians?

Familiarize yourself with the industry and take in as much as possible. Work hard and the results will manifest with time. The phrase "when the time is right" is very real, you'll never know when it's your time to blow. You've just got to keep it moving and most importantly enjoy making music. Also, never say to yourself "I cant". Take the T off - word to Chipmunk

Where do you see yourself musically in 2011?

Hopefully somewhere special, somewhere exciting. I'm all about progress and that's my word yo!

You can listen to more of Teeza via Mixcloud and Soundcloud, or you can contact him personally via Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Myspace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment