My Youtube Playlist

21 March 2011

SoulBruva - The Musician, Presenter and Comedian

After opening for musicians such as Kelly Price, Calvin Richardson and Glen Jones, featuring on MTV Base, Channel AKA and Ben TV, as well as winning an award for the UK's Best Unsigned Act of Lightning FM in 2007, it's obvious that SoulBruva is well on his way to becoming a star. SoulBruva is a Hip Hop musician from East London who has been experimenting with music, and establishing himself as an artist for the last 5 years. I thought I'd catch up with him to find out where it all started, as well as what he has planned for 2011.


When did you realise your passion for music?

As a kid I would sing, rap and dance all around the house when the radio was on, but it was only in my late teens that I started to really listen to music and think about creating my own. I officially started recording in 2004, then in 2005 and 2006 I started gigging.

What does your alias SB stand for?

Being called 'SoulBruva' most people would think I'm a 'Soul Singer' which I can understand - but that's not the case. My name is a presentation of my passion for music and the fact I make music with my heart and soul.

How do you differ from other musicians?

I am myself! I don't follow the crowd. I always do me and what is true to me and I'm not scared to be different.

What would you say are three qualities a musician should have and why?

I would say, Talent, Passion and Confidence. Talent because it make's you stand out from the rest. Passion because you have to love what your doing as well as have the confidence, to perform in front of people.


Where is the best place music has taken you?

I was given the chance to open for Kelly Price, Calvin Richardson and Glen Jones at a concert, after winning the award for Best Unsigned Artist of ‘Lightning FM’ Chart in the UK Unsigned Festival in March 2007. My music video "4Real "4Real" has also appeared on MTV Base, Channel U, Ben TV & OBE TV.

Who would you like to collaborate with and why?

Eminem because he's not afraid to be different. His talent, flow, lyrics and heart felt, soulful music is just amazing. He's someone I really look up to and admire.

What are your interests aside from music?

Spending time will my loved one, family, chilling out, goings to shows and
watching movies.



What are your views on the current UK music industry?

I'm loving it. It's finally at a point where UK music is taken more seriously and is up there with music from the US.



What can we expect from you in 2011?

Well I'm focusing on my music a lot more and putting myself out there as an artist, so more tracks and performance are in the pipeline.

For more SB' you can catch him via his Myspace, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube pages

0 comments:

Post a Comment