My Youtube Playlist

19 September 2010

Hector Artist - The Revealed Chronicles

Hector is an up and coming musician and entertainer from South London. He was once a former member of the Grime collective Regal Players who released the single Rudeboy in 2005. Since then, Hector has been pursuing and pushing his dream in the music industry, I thought I’d catch up with him to talk about his progress in the scene.


Tell me a bit about yourself and how you got into music?

When I was younger, my mother used to play a lot of soul in the house. As I got older I used to sing, but when I reached the age of 15, garage was around and collectives such as Heartless Crew, So Solid and PAYG were controlling the scene. Encouraged by my cousin, I began to take up the rapping side of things and branch out my skills.

After many years of practising in youth clubs, I was approached by a record label called Frog Music who signed up my team “Regal Players”. We had an underground hit in 2005/6 with a track called “Rudeboy” and I branched out to do some more work, in television, on the Paul O’Grady show.

Years on after focusing on other aspects of my life, I’m back doing what I love… making music and pursuing my career in the television industry.

Most of how I started out can be found on a track I have on now released mix CD “Revealed Chronicles”. The track is entitled “My Journey”. I chose such a name for the CD as I wanted to disclose anything I have held back over the years, including old material. That that this CD has been released I will we working with many other artists and experimenting more with my music.



What messages to you try to convey through music?


Be yourself and stand strong in the decisions you make.

How would you say you’re different from other artists?

I paint a picture when I rhyme. I tell a story. Most tracks I create are guaranteed to leave you thinking, so much so you might just have to reload it lol

When do you think its right for other musicians like yourself to make the transition between taking music as a career in comparison to a hobbie?


I think when you yourself know you have a decent fan base that are true to you and you know you put your all into what you write and your performances, then that’s when you need to make the transition from music as a hobby to an actual career.



Which of artists do you aspire to, and are there any similarities between you?


I’d say Jay-Z and Drake are artists I aspire to. I am often compared to the likes of Kano and Ghetto, I usually think it’s because of my diction and clarity, but what ever the reason, they to are good artists, so I turn the negatives to positives and see it as a compliment lol

If you weren’t doing music what would you be doing?

If I weren’t doing music right now, I would be pursuing a career in either television or radio. I love the media and I love to be centre of attention!

Describe your experience as musician in one sentence?


Remarkably gifted and fortunate to have had so much experiences.


For more of Hector, you can follow him via his Twitter, Facebook or Myspace pages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment