My Youtube Playlist

26 January 2011

Nixcy Topper - The Brains Behind Ms Curvaceous UK

Fashionista and Mr and Mrs Runway are only a few of the events she’s worked behind , but as we start 2011 she has situated her place as manager and lead coordinator of Ms Curvaceous UK, which showcases on Wednesday 9th February 2011. Nixcy Topper is an events coordinator from North-West London, who has been working hard and perfecting her craft for about 3 years who is aiming to branch out and become and internationally recognised and established. Despite her minor setbacks, which include people questioning her abilities, she has managed to overcome all negativity by sticking to her motto: "I'm here to make your event make sense!". I thought I’d catch up with Nixcy herself to found out where it all started as well as what we can expect fro her in the future.


What do you do and how did it start?

I am an Event coordinator and consultant, which means I can assist you on the best way to make the most out of your event, whether its for promotion, profit of just fun AND I can be hired to plan and execute the event. I do all types of events, from small conferences, birthday’s, launch parties or huge showcases.

I started off as a rave promoter, for event hosts such as Celebrity Supa (20/20)and Team Alliance Entertainment – Electric Opera. For the past year, I have been working with a company called Streamline Empire. I started off as a promoter there too, doing tickets sales and flyering for their events. The more events they put on, the more work i did, until I gained more experience in the field. I read books on event planning and logistics and got clued up on my career interest.

What is a typical day like for you?

A typical day for me is very random, as I don't work a 9-5. I work by bookings in my diary. As event days draw near, I'm usually rushed off my feet travelling for rehearsals, meetings etc but generally work from home, however I'm constantly on the go working via telephone or the internet/computer.


Which events have you taken part in?

I co-ordinated events such as Fashionista – fashion show – and Mr and Mrs Runway 2010 (modelling competition). I am also the manager and coordinator of an event called Ms Curvaceous UK, which is a beauty pageant for plus size models (12+ curvy ladies). The show will display fashion & music and other creative talents, as well as a medium for the models to get in contact with industry professionals. Ms Curvaceous UK showcase on Wednesday 09th February 2011 at Highlight, Lavender Gardens, Clapham Junction, SW11 1DJ. Doors open from 6:00pm and tickets are on sale from a member of the Streamline Empire team. You can get in contact via our Facebook and Twitter pages, which will have all info on ticket holders in different areas of London.

What qualities does a good organiser need to have?

Creativity, initiative, logic, flexibility, Methods to your madness, likeability and passion - whether its for planning and being creative, for holding events or even if its for money, passion is a must!


Who would you like to work with and why?

I don't have a specific person I could name to work with, - at the moment! But I would love to soon be part of the planning and organising of the MOBOs, give it a new edge. I have a passion for helping and promoting new companies or artists that are emerging. However, who wouldn't want to work with a celebrity? - Especially when you know you are good at what you do!) So, that means I would love to work with anyone, which believes in my talent and wants to work with me.

What difficulties have you faced and how have you overcome them ?

Difficulties I’ve had, include things like, getting established people or companies to recognise and support me and believe in my work and abilities. I have overcome this, by working hard, keeping on and learning from the knock backs. I believe in a saying, "Mind over matter," which suggests if I think positive, I will succeed.

When you aren’t organising an event what are your hobbies?

I am a very creative person and loves all type of artistic and creative past
times. Other interests of mine include writing and music. I would love to learn how to play the acoustic guitar. I am an aspiring author; I have a novel (NorthPole) and a semi Biography, which are in the making


Where would you like to do an event in the future, who would it feature and why?

I would love to do a Music event. I'd Mix genres, by teaming up different artists – established and up and coming –, to perform in a live concert or show.
Artists Such as J Cole teaming up with Ed Sheeran or Brandy building alliances with Gfrsh or Diddy and Skepta - oops that 1s already done, so anything is possible LOL. I would love it to be in a big city in a massive arena, – not necessarily in USA or UK. I would love to work abroad coordinating music events! My goal is to work internationally and be recognised as an established and successful event coordinator everywhere I go. In addition to eventually owning my own sports bar and club.

If your looking to organise a forthcoming event or would like to contact Nixcy persoanlly you can do this via her Facebook, Twitter, or personal Email Address.

0 comments:

Post a Comment