My Youtube Playlist

28 January 2011

Serocee - The Entrepreneur

Being a Businessman, DJ, Reggae and Hip Hop Artist, you would think, where does he find the time to do it all? Over the past decade he has built a strong standing legacy perfecting and experimenting with multiple music genres working with artists such as, Basement Jaxx, MJ Cole and Zed Bias, not forgetting Caribbean music veterans including Shaggy, General Levy , Brian Gold and Tony Gold. Serocee is a talented musician and entrepreneur from Jamaica, who has recently released his new track Bullring Riddim. During his career who has accumulated a wide audience spanning overseas to Adorra, Serbia, Scotland and England. He , I thought I'd catch up with Serocee himself to find out how he got in to music.


Where did your career start?

I started out singing in Church. Living in Jamaica you went to Church every Sunday.

Why music?

Music wasn't the only thing I was good at but it was the only thing loved. I could have spent my life in a 9-5 that I hated! but life is for living. I don't do music for money or fame. I am fortunate enough to be able to do what I enjoy so why not?

If you could perform anywhere in the world where would it be?

Any country in Africa!

Who are your audience and how do you appeal to them ?

Anyone that likes good music that doesn't care about Genre created boundaries. Open minded music fans.


How often do you make music and what else do you do in your spare time?

I make music every day, its my job and as I said before I am fortunate enough to do what I love doing so it's my hobby and my dayjob! I do run a few other businesses, A car rental firm in the Caribbean, a music publishing company and some other bits and pieces so I am quite busy.

Who are your major influences and why?

Richard Branson because he has an idea, and runs with it, he works out the hows and whys en route!


If you could change one thing about the UK music industry what would it be?

Get rid of the cliques!I'm a big football fan and I love it when I hear a manager say all the team speaks one language (English for a premiership team) because it means, there's no room for little cliques in the team i.e. The Spanish speakers, the French speakers etc. I think the UK industry has too many Cliques that don't talk to each other - too many fractions - which you don't really see anywhere else.

What can we expect from you in the future?

EP, Album, Tour! I'm also doing live shows which includes me DJ'ing and rapping!
You should come and see it :-)

If you would like to hear more from Serocee, you can log on on to Soundcloud to listen to his latest tune Bullring Riddim, or you can contact him personally via his Facebook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment