My Youtube Playlist

7 May 2011

Dirty Danger - The 'I Ainte Rich Yet' EP

He began making a name for himself at the tender age of 13, taking his music from local youth clubs to pirate radio stations. Now at the age of 24 he has released his début album entitled 'I Ainte Dead Yet'. Dirty Danger is a musician from East London who has worked with some of the industries bests musicians including Wiley, Sway, Chipmunk and Lethal B. Similar to many artists, he has made a number of sacrifices throughout his career, yet he has stood by his words of wisdom, contending, 'if you don't believe in yourself who will? I thought I'd catch up with him to find out his views on the current music industry as well as what his future music plans are.


What do you do and how did it start?

I’m a grime producer and mc from Bow - East London. An area notorious for UK grime music and its stars who include, Dizzee Rascal, Wiley, Tinchy Stryder and many more. Since the age of 13 I've been making music with a group called Ruff Squad the same group as Tinchy Stryder. We started MC’ing at each others houses and youth clubs which quickly escalated into pirate radio and local raves. As our name grew bigger in the streets my passion for music became stronger and years later at the age of 24 music is my profession.

What difficulties have you faced and how have you overcome them?

Within the music industry, from the start of going on pirate radios to making music videos I faced so many difficulties and still face them this very day. I would say communication, finance and exposure have been the hardest things to overcome and the only way I have learnt to deal with these difficulties have been my belief. I always say to myself if you don't believe in yourself who will? So with that thought in mind I managed to stay determined to make people believe in me no matter how many knock downs I come across.

Who are your current competition and what makes you different?

Every act in the UK is my competition. I’m different because I’m not trying do what the majority of the UK music scene are doing. My music is a new fresh sound, I’m trying to bring back the dance in Grime with tracks like 'Hardbody' but at the same time hit them with my knowledge and my experiences of life, which you can hear in my album.


What motivates you as a musician?

Just the simple case of loving music motivates me. I’m always up for hearing something new and different so I can feed off of the energy.

Which artists have you worked with and who would you like to work with?

I've worked with most of the grime scene from Wiley to Lethal B to Sway and Scorcher, Ghetto, Chipmunk etc. In the UK I would like to work with Giggs and a guy called 'BADNESS' I love the rasta style he’s got going on.

In your opinion. how has music industry changed in the last 5 years and how have you adapted to this change?

Well the scene has exploded for UK grime/hiphop within the mainstream; I don't think anyone believed that the music would have got this big that even the likes of P Diddy and Jay Z are showing an interest. I give props to Tinchy, Wiley, Skepta, Tinie Tempah, Chipmunk, Giggs and N Dubz for taking it there.


What's the concept behind your album 'I Aint Rich Yet'?

I would say that this album is not your typical Grime CD. Its my own take on grime, which is filled with a mixture of party anthems, emotions, hard life, street life, and love. I think it’s a good introduction for the world to hear who Dirty Danger is and what he’s about

What can we expect from you in 2011?

I dropped my album on April 4th nationwide so that's currently my main focus. Soon I'll be touring from the 14th of March with Skepta all over the UK and you’ll be hearing a bag full of music videos for TV and the Internet.

To listen to more of Dirty Danger, you can buy his debut album I Ainte Rich Yet via UK Record Shop or Digital-tunes, follow him via Twitter, or you can personally contact him via his Facebook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment