My Youtube Playlist

10 May 2011

Jeeday Jaws - Grime Doesn't Pay EP

Ghetto Fairytale , Getting Dat Paper and The One and are some of his most memorable tracks featuring artists such as Shy SFX, Terror Danjah and Black the Ripper. He's been making music since the age of 17, collaborating with a variety of artists both underground and mainstream, and now owns his own animation production company Aniibox. Jeeday Jaws is a musician and animator from North London who has just release the debut single Pow 2011 and is also set to release the EP 'Grime Doesn't Pay' later this year. I thought I'd catch up with him to find out how his career started as well as what he has planned for 2011.


When and why did you decide to make music into a career?

I first began writing when I was 12 years old. When I was 17, I formed a crew called Menace 2 Society, after hearing Dizzee Rascal for the first time. We were a crew of 7 members that used to perform on Mystic FM and other radio stations around the country. This is when I began taking music seriously.

Who are your audience and how do you appeal to them?

Young entrepreneurs, The Arty crowd and anyone who likes listening to something which has a message embedded into it. Not to forget my loyal Grime supporters. I love you guys. I appeal to my crowd as that dose of something different, a change from everything else in the scene. I'm comical, but I can come across extremely harsh at the same time.

What motivates you as an artist?

The fact that I know there is no one else out there like me. The whole game is like a rainbow and every artist that stands out has a colour. I know my colour hasn’t been taken yet, so I strive to make it so everyone sees my colour.


In what way has Grime changed and how has it affected you as a musician?

Its gone commercial. This is flippin AMAZING. This means we can turn into an actual industry which makes money for our children and THEIR children, so it has made me a little more entrepreneurial minded in terms of planning out my future.

What was the first album you bought and why?

Puff Daddy and the Family "No Way Out". Puff Daddy made me like music, he made me want to buy it and follow it. My whole obsession with rap began with the Bad Boy records movement and then I took a huge interest in artists such as Busta Rhymes and Redman.

If you could perform with anyone, anywhere, who would it be with and why?

Ghetto. I’d like to perform with him because he has this almost unstoppable energetic stage presence. I’m also quite energetic on stage, so I feel like that sort of competition would be a healthy stage show.


Aside from music what are your other interests?

I am also a professional Animator. I love cartoons and anything to do with the world of imagination, because it represents a space where you can bend rules and push barriers. You will see plenty of this stuff in my videos. Anything visual is what stimulates me.

Where do you see yourself in 2011?

Building the foundation for where I will be in 2012. Watch out for the "Grime Doesn’t Pay" EP.... It’s gonna be mental.

For more of Jeeday Jaws you can check out his latest single via Youtube Pow 2011 , Follow him via Twitter, contact via Facebook, as well as watch some of his Monday Madness adverts exclusively designed in conjuction with his musical comeback.

0 comments:

Post a Comment