My Youtube Playlist

12 June 2011

E.gle - The Take Off

E.gle is a 22 year old musician from North London who 'makes music for the world to relate to'. Although he has been making music for a while, he officially made an impact in the scene in 2010 as he got the chance to work with a lot more artists such as Nadine Caesar, Lunakidz, Kaptin, Rago, Tu Tu and more. He has recently released his first mixtape ‘The Takeoff’ I thought I'd catch up with him to find out where it all started.



'My music started off from my bedroom. I would listen to rap and try to relate a message in a similar way. I started getting the hang of swinging words to make meaning, which made me take it a lot more seriously. I called up my cousin, Nadine Caesar, who featured on my First mixtape The Takeoff. e introduced me to two guys who were apart of the collectively Lunakidz Music which is an Inde label and I've just taken it from there. He says, 'I've taken music to be a job which I now call NINE2GRIND'.'

‘I try to keep my music on a level where I can relate to the world what I’ve done or what I've been through, I’m NOT a ‘call of duty’ guy. My ultimate place to perform would have to be Madison Square Gardens.' He says, 'it’s like a landmark of success and maybe the pinnacle too, I would like to place my mark there.

His alias E.gle, pronounced as Eagle was influenced by the way he thinks and aims to be. He says 'The Eagle is known as the only bird to soar to the highest of peaks'. When he's not in the studio making music, he likes playing football or simply hanging out with friends.


The last albums E.gle bought via iTunes were Katy B’s ‘On a mission' and 'Adele’s 21'. He feels 'it's very important to purchase what you like as it credits the good work of an artist'. But for him his aim is not the selling records, instead he'd rather have EVERYONE pumping his music and make the money back from stage shows. He's fan of DJ's such as Jenny Francis of Choice Fm because he feels ‘she’s a good DJ’ and plays music he can listen to.

The four qualities he feels that a good musician should have are, to keep it real, 'that’s the only way you can tap in with the audience'. To be consistent 'fans are always expecting good music'. Be true to yourself as well as your music, as 'people can try to dig some dirt on you and find out that you weren’t all the things you said you were in your music' and lastly be punctual, which he says ‘can be a very hard quality to have as we all have. We all something else going on, but from my personal experience if you can be punctual in what you do i.e. performances, recording music, meetings, etc. Then it the will make you a whole better artist.'

He is inspired by artists who have worked hard and have been through the hustle, because he feels it’s something he can personally relate to. In this fickle industry you'll find that it's much easier to make music nowadays, but ever harder to make any money from it. 


In the future you can expect a lot more good music from Egle. You can now contact him via Facebook, Myspace and Twitter.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment