My Youtube Playlist

18 May 2012

G Range - Money Back

The evolution of the music industry demonstrates that as a musician, solely singing or rapping just isn’t good enough, which is why a variety of musicians have adapted their craft to become visual editors, producers, song-writers and actors all at once.

However, this doesn’t always work, but after watching one episode of the virtual sitcom, True Ghetto Stories, I help being interested - even more so arranging an interview!


G Range, an East London musician who uses visuals to communicate his music, to find out about his journey into music, what his alias represents, his inspirations and more.

Everything you see and hear is me being myself and finding a way to express that. I never set out to make people laugh or feel sad; it’s just the way it’s turned out.

I'm an artist; it does me more justice because I create both visuals and music.

I love to create things to provoke an emotion whether it is to laugh or to feel sad and reflect!

That way, I hope it’s more appealing because it’s all genuine and from the heart.

It started in Hackney, East London where I was born. I've always been creative from as early as I can remember, but I consciously decided to turn my hobby into a career about 4 years ago.

When I say career, I mean doing things more professional and making the sacrifices it takes to have a career in this industry.

My music its authentic the emotion is real and the message is point blank, I think my audience recognise this and appreciate it, I also think my audience are open minded and daring like myself - ready to try new things.

My alias represents me, G for Gabriel which is my first name and Range which stands for distance, so it’s Gabriel's distance.

It basically reflects my spirit and drive to reach a higher level and always push boundaries.

I’m inspired by Tupac, mainly for his raw rap delivery, the passion in his voice and in your face lyrics! I also like Redman, Ludacris and Busta Rhymes for being visually entertaining and also sick rappers at the same time!

Sometimes when people see my True Ghetto Stories they think I’m very funny but not sure if I'm a good rapper. Then they hear my music and can’t believe how good I am and that's what I like, having the balance of good visuals and music.

I love the industry right now, it’s healthy and I'm happy that so many UK artists have crossed over to places that the scene hadn’t before, so it gives artists like me a platform to take the scene even higher.

I’ll be releasing a single called MONEY BACK very soon; I’m currently in talks with different labels regarding who I'll release it with.

But In the future you can expect more creative and entertaining music and videos and live shows across the country.

For more from G Range, you can now check out his new material via Youtube, as well as follow him on Facebook and Twitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment