My Youtube Playlist

12 September 2011

Bianca Simmone - Super Human

Only the hungriest and hard working will survive, sometimes it isn't always even about the talent’, says the West London model, turned songstress Bianca Simmone who is now in the process of releasing her third single Super Human. Her last single Pressure ft Baby Blue received immense support accumulating over 25,000 Youtube hits, she has also had the pleasure of working with individuals such as Eric B and H Money and plans to collaborate with Wretch 32, Neyo, Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne in the future.


I thought I’d catch up with her to find out where it all started, who her inspirations are and what sacrifices she has made during her journey.


‘I’ve always loved music ever since the day I could walk and talk’ says Bianca when asked how she initially got into music, she continues ‘It’s in my blood’ She laughs ‘without music I wouldn’t be unhappy, its like love, without it where would we be? My mum loves music and is a great dancer, my brother can sing and used to DJ and play instruments so it’s in my family’.

‘No day is ever the same really’, she says as she explains a typical day in her life. ‘One day I could be working a 9-5, next minute I’m handling calls and bookings and exchanging ideas in-between working, then head home to go studio on the other side of London and don't get home till 4am and knowing my alarm clock is going to go off and drive me crazy in 3 hrs. Then working all day again to jump in the car and have to drive out of London to do a show’.

‘My audience are 14 - 25, females who are trying to find their feet in life and boys who are turning into men but need a little direction as to how to deal with females as lets face it, they have no clue any more’ says sarcastically. ‘Sometimes they just need it said in black and white and ladies just need to be more real and not beat around the bush about things and also know to put themselves first as we know many fail to do so due to fear of loosing or never finding their love. I’ve lived and travelled down this road so I totally understand and can share my experiences with them all’.


‘I’ve had the honour of working with H-Money and the BOE team. They are special and talented people who I have much love for on a professional and friendship level. I have also worked with Eric B who is a writer and singer - who has worked with Chipmunk on Champion and In The Air -  and wrote for other artists in the US and UK’.

‘I would like to do a track with Wretch. He’s a talented artist with great energy and we get on really well so I'm sure we would make great music together. I would also like to work with Neyo as I think vocally he is great and his writing ability is just spot on. I would love to do a song with Busta & Lil Wayne as their creativity on a track and energy is out of this world, they kill every beat they jump on and I know working with both of them we could make killer hits’.

When asked when is the right time for artists to take their music to a professional level in comparison to it just being a hobby she replies ‘I think the right time depends on each individual, never wait on someone to tell you now is the right time’. She explains ‘You will feel it, you will breathe it and it will present itself to you in a way that will tell you, you need to take it to the next level. The only thing I suggest is to study and graft at your art first before taking a leap, believe in what you are doing and make sure you are ready and determined as the industry isn't as easy as people portray it to be. Only the hungriest and hard working will survive, sometimes it isn't always even about the talent’.


Her music has taken her to a variety of places but she feels the best is when she can sit in a studio and have no idea of what song is going to be made next’. She continues ‘with no writing team or someone directing me and with just me and the producer sitting there creating a vibe with each other to the point we both bring something so magical and full of life to the table that others walk in and listen and are blown away’.

‘I never regret, everything happens for a reason and its all apart of the journey. I have sacrificed financially and definitely sleep time. Emotionally you sacrifice too but you have to as nothing, is just handed to you without hard work'.

‘I’m inspired by many different people and artists, my mum inspires me with her hard work and determination to succeed and provide and always fill those around her with her love. I was brought up on hip hop like Run DMC, Jay Z, Nas, soul artist like total, soul to soul, SWV, I love today's artists like Ciara, Keri Hilson, especially Beyonce, her ability to always achieve more and her hard work, the creative artists who push their bounds and sustain. I guess I look at anyone positive, who isn't afraid to step out the box and be themselves at the same time’.

‘I’m putting out my third 3rd Super Human produced by Truth (BOE) and co-written by myself and Jermaine Riley - former singer of the group Fundamental.  ‘Im also working towards putting together an album hopefully to come out next year. With a few collaborations over here in the UK and in the US too’.


She is also working on building a Company/Academy for young females who are getting into the industry called The BTA Academy which will all be revealed soon stay tuned and follow Bianca via Twitter and Facebook.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment