My Youtube Playlist

9 September 2011

Triple Threat - D.W.A.I.N

He attended stage school from a young age, which gave him the opportunity to appear in American commercials as well as Eastenders. Later he became a member of the collective Chaos managed by Simon Cowell where he performed on Blue Peter alongside Sonita and appeared in her videos. He is now in the process of releasing his self entitled audio biography ‘D.W.A.I.N’. Triple Threat is a rapper, singer, producer and an inspirational speaker from London

I thought I’d catch up with him to find out where his career began, his views on the current industry as well as what we can expect from him in the future.


‘It all started when I was 8. My mum decided to teach me to sing, as both my parents sung in church. My mum sent me to stage school when I was young and managed to get myself into commercials for America and even popped up in Eastenders as an extra. Later, I managed to get into a group managed by Simon Cowell and at that time the group was named Choas’.

‘We performed with Sonita on Blue Peter and made a cameo appearance in one of her video’s. My first rapping experience was in school, I performed at an event and everyone in the hall went crazy. Since then I’ve continued rapping. In school I was into poetry and very intrigued about writing.

‘Over the years my music and my mindset has changed, as a result of particular life experiences. Life itself tends to teach us many things, which can influence one’s way of thinking. So I would say now my music represents hope, encouragement, enlightenment and struggle. My music represents my life and how I feel about particular subjects.

When asked what he is motivated by he says ‘life itself’. He explains ‘my life and significant others within it. I only talk about what I see or feel I use my music as a form of therapy, a therapeutic healing method, which allows me to express my concerns or even highlight my achievements. My songs are significant chapters and stories of my life’.


‘Triple Threat basically means three talents in one, rapping, singing and producing. I think it signifies how versatile I am as a person. I’m always keen to learn new things and always take a lot on’.

When asked who his target audience, he says ‘anyone who would listen to my music.  He continues ‘I’ve met and spoken to many different people who have taken an interest in my music and they all come from different walks of life.  So, I guess anyone who can relate to where I’m coming from’.

He feels people should listen to him because he has something relevant to say which some may feel as refreshing. He explains ‘I am only being myself, and try to be as honest as I can with my music. Each song is more or less like a chapter in my life, hence the reason why I have called my next project an Audio Biography which is entitled D.W.A.I.N - Determination With Attitude Intelligence and Navigation - Dwain is actually my real name I thought to myself what title would represent me? And I thought nothing better than my own name.

‘The best place music has taken me in my eyes would be when I performed on stage with a live band and my uncle Junior Marvin it was truly a defining moment for me. It was a wonderful experience. one I will cherish for ever to be honest’.


‘The industry has changed in recent years as more and more UK acts or artists are getting more recognition for the work. The UK scene has blossomed well with many acts making it through and making quality music. It is good to see people like Tinie Tempah who I know from the past doing well and Adele who’s album I love listening to again and again, as well as Jessie J, Chipmunk, Tinchy Stryder.’

‘The UK has definitely grown in terms of worldwide recognition. It is a positive step and I feel there are many more quality artists out there waiting to be heard, to me it means that the door has been open for other quality acts to rise and provide the world with quality music.

‘There are a lot of artist’s out there working hard at their craft so it is a bit difficult to say who would blow next, but people like Mz Bratt, Blue Robinson, Leon Jean-Marie, Raphaella, Ebru plus many more are doing their thing and could all be the next big thing to come out of the UK’.

When asked what we can expect from him in the future he says ‘I have the Audio Biography on its way soon, just currently working on some material so more music really. I currently have a video rotation at the moment entitled Drive Your Car, which has more of a deeper meaning than what the title indicates. They’ll be more videos to come, more projects in the near future; you can download some of my current material via Reverbnation for free, follow me on Twitter and add me on Facebook.

Triple Threats Audio Biography will be out soon stay tuned. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment