My Youtube Playlist

27 September 2011

Showerz Spaceboy - Young & Restless

Showerz also know as Spaceboy is an up and coming musician from Walthamstow, East London. At the tender age of 16 he is eager to establish his place in the music industry by making his music appealing to a variety of tastes and genres. He hopes to transform his hobby that started in his bedroom into a career, inspired by the likes of Jay ZWretch 32 and Tinie Tempah. Earlier this month he release his mixtape The Method To Madness which and he is now in the process of releasing his pre album Young & Restless which débuts later this year.


I thought I’d catch up with him to find out more...


'I’m Showerz but I’ve also recently adopted the name Spaceboy, so some call me Spaceboy Showerz. I’m, 16 from Walthamstow in East London which is the place that has really helped shape me, both musically and in general life'.

'When I’m not in the studio or performing I’m usually in school or catching up with coursework I like to keep busy and work as hard as possible. I rap and song write and it all started in a bedroom in East London'.

'I enjoy making music and I always want to push it as far as I can and break barriers; I think that’s my main motivation. I’ve had to grow up a lot sooner than most people my age, I’ve never really had much time to party or have fun outside of music but that’s not something I regret that’s just the way it has to be'.


'I think I’m very fortunate in terms of my audience, it’s so varied. From my old-school friends who all grew up on my local estate to young girls who come from complete opposite backgrounds. I’m just grateful I can make music which appeals to such a wide range of people'.

'I would definitely say the UK industry is at its best right now. I’m glad to see rappers and musicians in general breaking such massive barriers and opening doors. I think the internet has helped a lot of new artists build their buzzes, if you can use it right it’s your best friend. It’s definitely changed me, as the industry is evolving so am I'.

When asked to name three artists that he admires he says ‘I wouldn't say I admire them but I am inspired by Wretch and Tinie for all they’ve done for the UK’s industry over these past couple years. Seeing those two hitting number ones and breaking the states is inspiring. Overall, I think Jay-Z is definitely a big inspiration. Watching him over the past 10 years really shows how far this can be taken'.


'I’d say now the internet is the biggest and most powerful platform as far as promoting yourself with out a major budget and building a fan base goes. There’s really no limit in how far you can take it using the internet'.

'Right now I’m working on my Pre-Album ‘Young & Restless’ which is really shaping up nicely, plus we start filming the video for my first single this week so that’s also something to look out for also every Sunday I do something called #ShowerzSunday where I release a new free promotional track or video for the people so make sure you check them out! Finally I would like to take some time to thank my Tru Starz Entertainment team for being behind me and pushing me'.

Follow me on TwitterFacebook and Youtube and download the new mixtape The Method To Madness

1 comments:

your going to go very far in your music showerz! iv said this from the day i meet you. Your really starting to get somewhere in your music im so happy for you

Post a Comment