My Youtube Playlist

4 September 2011

MC Tigz - The Coundown EP

After hearing him on SBTV’s Warm Up Session I was blown away by his lyrical ability. To date, the same video has received over 30,000 views and he is continuing to accumulate a large following on and offline. MC Tigz is a 19 year old musician from London who has been pursuing his music career since school. He is now in the process of realeasing his EP ‘The Countdown’ which will début later this month.


I thought I’d catch up with MC Tigz himself to find out what his music represents as well as why people should listen to him.


‘Predominantly I’m a grime MC but I do dither about with rap occasionally. It all started in the playground; people would gather in circles and spray the SAME lyrics for  30 minutes on the SAME beat’, this is where his music career stemmed from.

‘My music represents me, my experiences, my life and just my ideas but in audio form. I’m a simple guy.  A normal day for me consists of studio, Xbox, chillin with my music brothers because they’re my actual friends outside of music. I’m always on the look out for new music, from Drake, Lil wayne, Rick Ross and J Cole’.


When asked why people should listen to him he says ‘I feel as if I’m one of the few MC’s that actually care about being witty with words, having good metaphors and not just blurting out the 1st thing that comes to mind. I never tell lies in my lyric, no guns, and no murders. It’s all me, I’m versatile and make sure there’s definitely quality control with whatever I release’.

‘I don’t really tend to work with MC's a lot simply because I keep the majority of what I do within the circle I’m in. So the collaborations you will see will be with either my circle OR singers!’


Alike many artists he uses social networks such as TwitterFacebook and Youtube to promote and publicise his work, which include his two previous mixtapes 'About Time' and 'Hard Way', he describes this as his ‘main avenues’ for promotion. He continues ‘the most successful video I’ve released is probably my SBTV warm up session video which got just under 30,000 views. It was successful because I released it under a good friend of mine Jamal Edwards. I used his Youtube account which is a good platform for up and coming artists!'

'In the future you can expect my music video ‘Superstar' produced by a close friend of mine L.Momrelle and my new CD called ' The Countdown EP' which will be out in September‘.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment